Claims Counsel- EPL (Bridgewater)
Compensation: $73,500.00 - $102,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Zurich is currently looking
for a Claims Counsel for our EPL/PEO group to work out of our Jersey City, NJ
The Claims Counsel will under
limited supervision handle Professional Employer Organization (PEO) EPL claims
of moderate to high complexity and will work directly with the PEO and their
client companies. The ideal candidate will have experience reviewing
complaints and all other legal pleadings and discovery, arbitration demands,
coverage analysis, determining exposure and setting appropriate reserves. They
will resolve claims according to Best Practices and within authority
limits. The Claims Counsel will regularly communicate with customers and
brokers and may be dedicated to handle claims for specific accounts.
- Analyze coverage, liability and damages
- Participate in mediations and negotiating settlements
- Draft reservation of rights and coverage denial letters
- Notify Underwriter of claim issues
- Draft case summary reports in connection with significant
reserve increases and trial preparation
- Direct activities of defense counsel
- Juris Doctor and 5 or more years of experience in the
- JD and 5 or more years of legal practice experience in
the insurance area
- Must obtain and maintain required adjuster license(s)
- Experience in insurance claims and the insurance legal
and regulatory environment
- Negotiation experience
- Customer service experience
- Microsoft Office experience
- Member of the Bar
- Claims handling experience with at least 5 or more
years in EPL and/or insurance coverage defense
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience collaborating across work groups
- Insurance designations such as SCLA, CPCU, AIC
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Associated topics: bodily, claim, claimant, insurance, insurance adjuster, insurance examiner, insurance investigator, liability, liability adjuster, title examiner
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...