Loading some great jobs for you...
Position Title: Assistant Security Manager
Location: Prospect Park Zoo
Reports To: Security Manager
Supervises: Security Department Assistant Maintainers and Admissions Department Ticket Agents
Position Objective: To assist the Manager in supervising the daily operations of the Prospect Park Zoo Security and Admissions Departments, and ensure the department is operated in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the guidelines of the Wildlife Conservation Society.
1. Supervise Security Officers (Assistant Maintainers) and Admissions Department (Ticket Agents) to ensure that employees are performing all duties according to departmental standards and in a satisfactory manner.
2. Represent WCS in a professional manner, establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with employees, colleagues, City and other government agencies, outside contractors, and the general public.
3. Assist manager with employee recruitment and performance management.
4. Produce roll calls and make changes and adjustments to reflect the daily needs of the Department/Facility in the absence of the Manager or when assigned.
5. Manage Security and Admissions department vacation selection process.
6. Visit all areas of the facility daily to ensure safety of guests and employees.
7. Continually monitor all alarms, life support systems, and video systems to ensure they are operating in a serviceable state and make proper notifications for repairs if needed.
8. Secure and safeguard all lost/found property and properly document both acquisitions and dispositions in appropriate log book.
9. Work various shifts as assigned to maximize direct contact with department staff on all shifts.
10. Implement and monitor safety and security plans to protect guests and staff working or attending special/rental events scheduled outside normal operating hours.
11. Coordinate Security and Admissions staffing and activities at zoo special events/rental events as assigned.
12. Provide assistance to zoo guests (e.g. first aid, lost & found, reuniting lost children with parents/guardians).
13. Serve on the zoos Emergency Response Team.
14. Safeguard and act as custodian of zoo firearms; ensure firearms are in working order and managing the ammunition supply.
15. Fully understand and implement emergency plans as indicated in the emergency manual.
16. Complete required reports as assigned by Manager (e.g. daily attendance reports, accident investigation reports, daily facility reports).
17. Monitor inventory of supplies and equipment including portable radios, emergency equipment, barriers, caution tape, cash handling, and other Admissions related items etc. Advise Managers when supplies are needed.
18. Open and close the Prospect Park Zoo.
19. Assume responsibility for cash collection and delivery at all locations within the zoo.
20. Daily monitoring of Admissions overages and shortages.
21. Delegate registration of school groups.
22. Proof the Admissions safe to the designated amount.
23. Complete other duties as assigned by Manager.
24. Actively support, advance, and uphold the Societys policies regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
1. Experience supervising employees required. Previous security management or police experience preferred.
2. Basic computer skills to include email, word processing, and spreadsheet software. Microsoft software (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills preferred.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Must be able to work Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and variable shifts.
5. Valid NYS, NJ or CT Drivers license preferred.
6. First aid training & AED/defibrillator training preferred.
7. Must be able to successfully obtain a NYC rifle/shotgun permit and to successfully complete all required training in order to serve on the zoos Emergency Response Team.
8. Must be able to successfully obtain FDNY certification as a Fire/Emergency Drill Conductor.
The position requires work in office environments as well as outdoor work in all weather conditions. Tasks require manual dexterity for various tasks (e.g. computer keyboard, copier, mobile radios). Some tasks require kneeling, bending, navigating uneven terrain, and moderate lifting up to 50 pounds.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...