Regional Finance Manager (Far Rockaway)
Compensation: $145,180.00 - $145,180.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
WHO WE ARE
Port Logistics Group is the nations leading provider of omnichannel distribution solutionsat the point of entry and into the domestic supply chain.We specialize in end-to-end national logistics services, extensive value added warehousing services, and integrated omnichannel fulfillment.
We specialize in complex 3PL supply chain solutions across multiple channels. We are creative problem solvers for established and emerging brands.Our omnichannel distribution network delivers speed, flexibility and cost savings.A full suite of 3PL fulfillment services ensures the successful shipment of your goods across multiple channels.We ship more than 500 million units each year for the nations largest manufacturers, retailers, and ecommerce businesses.
Port Logistics Group is looking for a finance professional who is detailed oriented, collaborative, organized, highly technical and agile to manage a wide range of financial reporting, analysis and modeling duties. The primary focus of the Finance Manager is to provide timely, insightful, and actionable analysis of various business initiatives while supporting the Regions financial reporting. The Finance Manager will be highly involved in creating the annual operating plan and re-forecasts, driving the finance-related function, and accountable for customer collections within the division.
The ideal candidate for this position is a creative, resourceful, self-starter who is detail-oriented, has excellent communication skills, the ability to work seamlessly with cross-functional teams and strong process management skills. This role reports to the Vice President, Finance & Accounting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide actionable analysis of the performance of key business metrics as well as new business initiatives enabling management to make business decisions and drive continued improvement and optimization of the financial performance of the company
- Work closely with cross functional teams to gather and analyze relevant information in order to present insightful analysis and recommendations to drive business performance
- Co-develop assumptions in the annual budgeting process which includes preparation of detailed unit level and expense budgets and ensure timely uploading to financial reporting software
Support the Operations and Accounting functions:
- Manage the monthly review of preliminary P&Ls ensuring financial key metrics are understood and analyzed; Identify and propose adjustments
- Oversee billing to ensure accurate and timely invoice processing with underlying contracts and collections driving desired DSO performance soliciting support from account owners as necessary
- Track expenses, gross margin, payroll, and fixed assets versus plan
- Identify and investigate any trends, variances, unusual expenses, or unusual accounting transactions
- Review accruals, trial balances, and payments from problematic accounts for all locations; Ensure depreciation calculations are aligned with business and accurate
- Ensure proper revenue and variable cost matching and accuracy of revenue reports by customer
- Monitor weekly payroll expense and temporary agency costs
- Support the annual audit and provide information to external auditors as necessary
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required
- A solid understanding of financial planning and analysis, and cash flow and a working knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and systems
- Minimum 5-7 years of directly applicable experience requiring advanced analytical skills and ability to isolate activities that drive performance
- Background in logistics, distribution or warehousing environments preferred; Apparel or retail warehousing is a plus
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills working with Excel required
- Ability to interact with and support all other departments in the company by providing meaningful financial analysis
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently from inception through completion within specified time lines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Highest ethical standards and values
- Some overnight travel may be required
NOTE:This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Associated topics: controller, director finance, general operational manager, manage, operation, organizational culture, president finance, supervise, supply, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...