Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMSdelivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services,security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proudto serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal,state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions,schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation andtelecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing weare committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity,technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to providemanagement and support services at a level of quality, value, safety andexpertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees tofulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
TheAssistant General Manager oversees the student dining operation, serving breakfast andlunch. This position is in operation for ten (10) months out of thecalendar year located in rural AK. The position will engage with various villageproduction teams on a daily basis, with visits from time to time during servingtimes to ensure student satisfaction and get client feedback. This siteprimarily serves as the school dining facility and distribution base for theregional village schools. The multi-tiered management team allows for trainingin the administration of the National School Lunch Program. Operations includemeal production for student's distribution to 10 regional schools and managingthe logistics of the distribution.
* Assistant General Manager opportunity iscontingent on contract award. *
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Directsa high quality, cost effective general kitchen and food preparationoperation.
* Menu planning, ordering, inventory,HACCP, and teaching culinary standards to staff.
* Workingclosely with various clients, plans a variety of balanced and attractivemenus or food service options.
* Developsappropriate recipes and makes sure all required supplies, resources, andmaterials are purchased, ordered, and available when needed.
* Qualityfocused with the ability to grow student meal participation while controllingcosts.
* Maintainsexcellent client and employee communications and relations to continuouslyimprove the quality of provided services, resolve problems, and facilitatethe acceptance and implementation of new services.
* Plansand implements an effective staff-training program.
* Makessure the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all assignedemployees are defined and understood.
* Takespositive actions to facilitate the employment of NANA shareholders.
* Develops,maintains, or approves various administrative matters or materials such asbudget expenditures or development, operational reports, cost analysis orrecords, time sheets, payroll matters, personnel or accounting materials,work schedules, etc.
* Documentspositive steps regularly taken to implement an effective safety program.
* Continuouslyseeks to improve the quality of assigned activities.
* Assuresa high degree of sanitation is observed in all assigned areas and responsibilities.
* Conductsspecial demonstrations, special events, or theme activities.
* Consistentlydemonstrates professional skills in efficiently carrying out assignedactivities, using all forms of communications, handling of change,developing employees, solving typical problems, and making decisions.
* Periodicallyphysically performs all types of high volume food production andpreparation duties and fills in for absent employees.
* Performsvarious inventory and quality control tasks as well as completes variousinspection checklists.
* This position is responsible for thesupervision of staff.
* Supervisory Responsibilities includeinterviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, anddirecting work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Other duties that are pertinent to thedepartment or unit's success also may be assigned.
* The Assistant GeneralManager will have extensive, formal culinary training, including culinarycertification, with particular emphasis on recipe development, menudevelopment, and food/beverage cost control and inventory management.
* At least five(5) years of experience as a food service manager with supervisoryskills and knowledge of food preparation, and quality control procedures.
* Intermediate proficiency in MicrosoftOffice Suite programs such as Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Certain sites may require health, foodservice, or sanitation certificates.
* A valid Driver's License and anacceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible underNMS' vehicle insurance policy.
* Contract requires employees to speak,understand, read and write English.
* Preference willbe given to individual with a minimum of five (5) years of consecutiveemployment in similar operations with comparable responsibilities.
* Preference willbe given to those candidates with national culinary certification(s).
* Preference willalso be given to those with prior work experience in a high productionsetting.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoor/Outdoor(Occasional exposure to extreme weather)
Noise level: Moderate
Office conditions: Pace ofwork environment: Medium
Customer Interaction: High
Description of environment:Industrial kitchen located in a school kitchen setting.
Frequently required to sit,stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouchor crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Physical requirements: Mustfrequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Travel: Employee may travel upto 25% to various remote locations within the region and may be required to usealternative modes of transportation, including but not limited to snowmachines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs. Travel is coordinated by NMS.
Safetyguides our behavior.
Honestyand integrity govern our activities.
Commitmentsmade will be fulfilled.
Allindividuals are treated with dignity and respect.
Theenvironment will be protected and sustained.
Excellentinterpersonal skills needed to effectively motivate, direct, and lead assignedemployees.
Mustbe proficient in performing many tasks simultaneously while at the same timemaking sure all details are properly addressed in those tasks.
Arecognition that service is a demonstrated attitude and a state of mind, not atask or step.
Adedication to understanding and exceeding customer expectations.
Ahigh energy level or sense of urgency in carrying out assigned tasks.
EqualOpportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMSis an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protectedstatus or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders ofNANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
Itis NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physicalassessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance withcompany and/or contract requirements.
Ifyou are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance oran accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request bytelephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with anaccommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order toaccess our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonicoptions are listed below and are reserved only for individuals withdisabilities needing accessibility assistance.
Torequest an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-###-####
Torequest an accommodation by email, contact us at ...@nana.com