Food Service Worker 1- Central Office;
Compensation: $24,500.00 - $30,370.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
## Minimum Qualifications
There are no education or experience requirements for this class but incumbents must be able to speak and write English and pass a physical examination. ## Duties Description
The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is seeking qualified candidates to fill a full time Food Service Worker 1, Grade 5, position at the Cook Chill Production Center (CCPC) located in Orangeburg, New York.
The CCPC produces wholesome food that meets the nutritional and budgetary needs of its customers, which include OMH facilities, other State and government facilities, and non-profit agencies. Cook Chill is a system which prepares large quantities of food with an extended shelf life.
The Food Service Worker 1 incumbent is responsible for assisting in the production of food products for OMH customers. Duties may include, but not be limited to:
* Assist in weighing, measuring and labeling ingredients necessary for recipes.
* Assist in the preparation, cooking, chilling and packaging of food products in accordance with CCPC, local, state and federal health code standards.
* Clean, sanitize and maintain work areas and food equipment in accordance with CCPC standards before and after each work day.
* Assist in the breakdown and reassembly of food equipment in accordance with manufacturers specifications.
* Wash pots, pans and utensils by hand and machine in the ware wash room.
* Unload delivery trucks and place bulk deliveries in appropriate storage areas. ## Additional Comments
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a particular focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived experience are encouraged to apply. The New York State Office of Mental Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. ## Notes on Applying
To be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to ...@omh.ny.gov. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #75716 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.
*Date Posted:* 11/04/19
*Applications Due:* 11/19/19
*Vacancy ID:* 75716
*Agency:* Mental Health, Office of
*Title:* Food Service Worker 1- Central Office;
*Occupational Category:* No Preference
*Salary Grade:* 05
*Bargaining Unit:* ISU - Institutional Services Unit (CSEA)
*Salary Range:* From $29589 to $36715 Annually
*Employment Type:* Full-Time
*Appointment Type:* Permanent
*Jurisdictional Class:* Labor Class
*Travel Percentage:* 0%
*Hours Per Week:* 40
*From:* 7 AM
*To:* 3:30 PM
*Flextime allowed?:* No
*Mandatory overtime?:* No
*Compressed workweek allowed?:* No
*Telecommuting allowed?:* No
*City:* 44 Holland Avenue
*Zip Code:* 12229
*Name:* Deborah Pariseau
*Fax:* (518) ###-####
*Email Address:* ...@OMH.NY.GOV
*Street Address:* NYS Office of Mental Health 145 Old Orangeburg Road
*Street:* NYS Office of Mental Health
Associated topics: cleaner, dishwasher steward, housekeeping, kitchen utility, lavaplatos, sanitation, service assistant, stock, utensils, wash
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...