Underwriting Intern - Summer
Compensation: $75,030.00 - $106,940.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
The National Interstate Internship Program will begin May 2020 and end in August 2020.
The Underwriting Intern will:
- Assist with pricing model updates
- Assist with captive program renewal support
- Enter data to support submissions
Skills and background we are looking for:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, pursuing a degree in Marketing, Math, Statistics, Finance, Insurance or Risk Management, Business or Economics
- Anticipated graduation date ranging from Fall/Winter 2020 to Spring 2021
- Prior experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to write reports and defend conclusions
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be available to work 40 hours in the summer.
Associated topics: underwriter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...