Food Service Assistant
Compensation: $20,280.00 - $25,560.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
The Service Assistant combines a variety of job functions to assist in the daily operations of the Nutrition Service department. The Assistant is responsible for the set-up/service/sanitation of all meals to residents, staff, visitors and for special functions in some/all of the following capacities: dishwashing operations, pot/pan processing, staff and visitor meal service, snack shop, service, sanitation, tray line and nourishment preparations, etc.Responsibilities:
- Works with others in dish room set-up, dishwashing procedures, pot/pan processing, garbage removal, china storage, and dish room clean-up.
- Works assigned station on tray line, including set-up, service, clean-up and sanitation of work station.
- Works assigned area in main dining room, including table set-up, resident transport and service, clean-up and sanitation of dining area.
- Works in staff dining room as assigned, including set-up, service, clean-up and sanitation of work area. Stocks all supplies in proper quantities for proper service needs.
- Works in Snack Shop (where available), as assigned.
- Sets up and cleans work stations, service areas, cash drawer and food/supply storage.
- Prepares food items and serves clients.
- Prepares vending food products as assigned.
- Works with others on special functions, including set-up, resident transport as necessary, service, clean-up and sanitation of work area.
- Prepares and delivers nourishments, tray line requirements and resident unit needs as assigned.
- Maintains work area and equipment in accordance with safety and sanitation standards.
- Works as a team member in cooperation with other staff members toward the ultimate well-being of the resident.
- Adheres to the Corporation s administrative and departmental policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety, health and confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Lutheran SeniorLife and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, and work well with others.
- Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Associated topics: clean, cleaner, dish, duties, housekeeping, lavavajillas, lavaplatos, service assistant, stewarding, wash
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...