Compensation: $48,520.00 - $81,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
SOUS CHEF / KITCHEN MANAGER
LiTTLE GREEN GOURMETS is a fresh kids meal company dedicated to growing smart eaters! Our meals are delivered to children throughout NYC daily and made from the best local and organic ingredients. Our meticulous attention to quality and detail has helped us grow quickly and we are looking for talented, quality-minded people to join our team and grow with us!
The Sous Chef / Kitchen Manager works directly under the Commissary Director overseeing a team of approximately 10 employees. The Sous Chef / Kitchen Manager will coordinate daily cooking operations and ensure proper employee training, quality control, recipe consistency, monitoring food safety at all stages of production, and ensuring accurate production counts. Success in this role is driven primarily by attention to detail to ensure consistent and outstanding culinary execution.
JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and guide a kitchen team of ~10 people
- Prepare and cook meals and snacks according to recipes as needed, including proteins, sauces, grains, produce, fish, meat, baked goods, vegetarian & allergy meals
- Serve as lead quality control for taste, appearance and portioning
- Train, coach and develop staff on standardized recipes and daily production reports
- Follow all DOH and food safety guidelines
- Optimize cooking and packing timelines & team efficiency
- Troubleshoot issues
- Assist Commissary Director in various projects
- 4+ years professional culinary experience in a fast paced role either in restaurants and/or commissary kitchens
- 1 year+ supervisory experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper food safety and sanitation practices
- Knowledge of and passion for natural and organic products
- Clear understanding of food allergens and ingredient segregation
- Must have thorough communication skills
- Must be extremely well organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be reliable, function well within a team and work calmly and efficiently in a fast moving environment.
- Must have NYC food handlers license or certificate
- Degree in culinary arts
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion
More detail about Little Green Gourmets, please visit
Associated topics: commercial, commercial kitchen, executive kitchen, lead, pantry, restaurant chef, salad chef, service, sous chef, sushi chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...