Corporate Finance: Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting; Equities Financial Control - As
Compensation: $93,555.00 - $158,890.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Corporate Finance: Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting; Equities Financial Control - Associate
Req #: 190104792
Location: Newark, DE, US
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting organization is responsible for the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm's books and records, while providing reporting to both internal and external clients.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business to ensure the firm's financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm's financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting (FAIR) include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation/certification/substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
This specific role supports the Global Equities Tax processes. This specific role has direct interaction with various Managing Directors, Executive Directors, Vice Presidents and Associates as key stakeholders in providing data used for tax provisioning purposes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, GLRS oversight and execution, controls execution (SOX, RCSA, UT, etc.), front office business updates, exception monitoring and resolution, and strategic planning. In addition, this individual will be responsible for continuous robust documentation of procedures, cash / operational control resolution, and systemic strategic solutions given the manual nature of this activity.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills, negotiation and analytical skills
* Excellent desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
* Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities
* Ability to build and maintain partnerships within the various product aligned businesses and across other corporate groups
* Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence others to deliver solutions
* Ability to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues
* Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies
* Aptitude for learning and leveraging systems and data flows
* Basic understanding of the firm's products
* Basic experience with a financial consolidation and reporting system (i.e. SAP interface)
* In-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulations
* 3-5 years accounting or industry experience
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (or equivalent experience)
* CPA license beneficial in some FFAR roles but not required
* Note: This role requires compliance with the Firm's Consecutive Leave Policy. The policy requires certain employees in sensitive positions to be out of the office for a specified period each calendar year. Please ask the recruiter or hiring manager for additional details*
Associated topics: brokerage, buy, capital, derivatives, fiduciary, fund, ira, nasdaq, s p, trader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...