Americas Head of Regulatory Affairs (Financial Services) (Far Rockaway)
Compensation: $124,885.00 - $178,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Americas Head of Regulatory Affairs (Financial Services)
in New York, NY, United States
Permanent, Full time
Be the first to apply
Americas Head of Regulatory Affairs (Financial Services) IHS Markit is a global information and services company that provides insight and solutions across 17 industries. IHS Markit is a NASDAQ-listed public company under the ticker "INFO." IHS Markit has approximately 15,000 employees in 35 countries, including over 5,000 employees in the United States with offices in 21 states and the District of Columbia. IHS Markit's Financial Services division provides data, software, technology platforms and managed services designed to address a variety of financial services industry-related challenges across syndicated loan, securities, and derivatives markets, as well as managed service solutions for regulatory compliance challenges (e.g., KYC.com, Margin Xchange, and KY3P). IHS Markit products are designed to comply with relevant legal and regulatory requirements that IHS Markit or its customers are subject to.
The Regulatory Affairs team tracks all relevant financial services regulatory discussions around the globe, identifies those that are relevant to IHS Markit, communicates key elements of the proposals internally, to then develop and agree upon a response strategy. It then implements the response strategy internally and externally.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Monitor and engage with policymakers in the U.S. (e.g., Congress, SEC, OCC, Federal Reserve, CFTC, etc.), the rest of the Americas, and at international level (e.g., Basel Committee, CPMI, FSB, IOSCO, etc.) for policy initiatives that could have an impact on IHS Markit Financial Services
- Determine internal and external strategy to address regulatory challenges for customers and IHS Markit.
- Act as lead drafter for responses to regulatory consultations and proposed rules in the Americas and global.
- You will also support and advise compliance, legal and product teams in their work developing and enhancing IHS Markit products which assist customers complying with relevant regulatory requirements (regtech)
Education and experience
- Identifying relevant financial services policy news and developments (e.g., proposed and final rules, draft legislation, policymaker speeches, industry thought-pieces, and industry comment letters) and communicating them to relevant internal stakeholder
- Creation of ad hoc and regular regulatory updates for distribution to senior firm members and key internal stakeholders
- Coordinate with Marketing, Sales, and other internal teams to provide input for the development of collateral on key regulatory developments
- Project management including creating agendas and summaries for calls and tracking the firm's responses, meetings, internal and external presentations and milestones
- Represent the firm in meetings and conferences involving regulators, clients, or industry partners
- Minimum of five (5) years experience advising on or developing securities or banking laws and regulations essential. Some familiarity with derivatives laws and regulations or accounting standards (e.g., fair valuation, CECL) or evolving data privacy or cybersecurity standards or European Benchmark Regulation or US sanctions, anti-money laundering, and Bank Secrecy Act laws and regulations and US and international policy regarding leveraged loans pluses but not required.
- Experience drafting complex regulatory or other policy documents, e.g., rulemakings, legislation, policy speeches, comment letters, white papers on policy matters, etc., required
- Experience leading projects with multidisciplinary teams on policy-related matters highly valuable
- Public service experience at a regulatory agency or Congress with financial services policy oversight responsibilities very advantageous.
- Experience at top financial services regulatory or enforcement law practice or at the legal, regulatory, compliance, or government relations function of a financial services firm or financial services trade association a plus, particularly if combined with relevant public service.
- A law (J.D.) or business or business-related degree advantageous but not necessary
- Work with the rest of the Regulatory Affairs team (based in London) as well as across the organization around the globe, including with the Executive team, Product teams, Sales and Marketing.
- Good stakeholder management, including the ability to quickly develop and rely on a broad internal and external network of contacts.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact ...@ihsmarkit.com or call +1 212 ### ####. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Save jobs and track them like a pro with My Jobs
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...