Insurance Claims Specialist - Sr
Compensation: $65,090.00 - $95,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Location: Toledo, OH
Location: Columbus, OH Description
Insurance Claims Specialist Sr.
We are looking for an individual to provide Claims Service to Property - Casualty (P-C) clients in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a high degree of technical knowledge. The selected individual will exercise judgment and act independently to provide Claims Services to our clients. Other responsibilities include:
- Prioritize effectively and respond in designated time frames while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Work directly with clients on all lines of business for any Claims/Law Suits that arise.
- This position will independently service our Commercial Lines Accounts and will require 20% - 35% travel during Client Prospecting Presentations and claims review.
- Represents Huntington Insurance as a Claims Expert by staying current with changes and trends within the industry.
- Maintains and develop product knowledge through participation in educational opportunities.
- Acts as a resource for review and suggestions of process improvement.
- Responds to internal and external Claims service inquiries within optimal time frames.
- Takes ownership to provide problem resolution and respond to client inquiries in an optimal time frame.
- Coordinates and communicates client claims service needs, directing and assisting team members as needed. Reviews Policy and contract for coverage as it pertains to Claims
- Reviews Law Suits/Claims as to which policy and or contract will apply and submit Claim to correct Insurance Carrier. Involvement with Coverage Disputes along with establishing that Claim is being handled in a timely manner through the entire claim.
- Meetings with the client to review current Claims, Claims Trends as well as providing solutions to help client if trends develop.
- Preparation of loss data analysis, claims reports as necessary for larger, high activity accounts.
- Document correspondence, conversations and tasks in agency systems following agency procedures and workflows. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Property - Casualty Insurance License or willing to obtain it within one year of hire.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a PC Claims Adjuster.
- Standard Insurance designation or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written as well as organizational skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Proficient knowledge of Mod-Master or other claims analysis system.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and presentation skills, Ability to communicate clearly. and concisely, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
- Outstanding judgment, problem-solving ability and resourcefulness necessary.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
Associated topics: adjuster, auto, automobile, bodily, damage, insurance, insurance examiner, insurance investigator, investigate, investigation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...