Property Adjuster I
Compensation: $70,765.00 - $146,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Division or Field Office:
Murrysville Claims Office
Department of Position: Claims Department
Home in PA
At Erie Insurance, you're not just part of a Fortune 500 company; you're also a valued member of a diverse and inclusive team that includes more than 5,000 employees and over 2,200 independent agencies. Our Employees work in the Home Office complex located in Erie, PA, and in our Field Offices that span 12 states and the District of Columbia. To attract and retain the best talent, we reward our team members with competitive salaries and a very generous benefits package.
Exercises independent discretion or judgment in handling property claims within designated level of authority. Also responsible for servicing assigned territory and may handle litigated claims.
- The successful candidate must live in and service the Eastern Allegheny or Western Westmoreland County.
- The Hiring Manager will also consider candidates for a Property Adjuster II. Level of position offered will be based upon the depth and breadth of selected candidate's experience and qualifications.
- A company vehicle will be provided
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacts Policyholders regarding property claims within level of authority. Conducts investigations, interviews insureds and witnesses, inspects damage and prepares estimates. Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding coverage of claims.
- Handles property claims within designated authority. Sets and maintains adequate reserves. Obtains and reviews reports, statements, records and related materials as required. Evaluates information to determine coverage and total value of claim. Determines payments and issues checks or declines payment as required.
- Documents claim files and submits final report to file for closure.
- Identifies subrogation situations and initiates appropriate action.
- Services assigned territory and brings assigned claims to conclusion.
- Interacts with Agents and district sales managers on matters of mutual concern.
- Handles property claims involving damages or coverage. May handle litigated claims, including negotiating with plaintiff attorney, or coordinates litigation with defense counsel as required.
- Develops and applies a working knowledge of estimating practices and procedures relating to the adjustment of property claims.
- Attends industry-related training programs and attends other training sessions to stay current on policy changes, interpretation or new legislation.
- Successfully completes Technical Learning Center Training within one year of hire date.
- Participates on Catastrophe Team when required.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability To Maintain Composure
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
Minimum Required Education Equivalents:
- High School Diploma or GED and two years of related experience required; or
- High School Diploma or GED and successful completion of Smart Start Training Program required; or
- Bachelor's Degree required
Willingness to pursue and complete Technical Learning Center Training required. Successful completion of AIC 33 and AIC 35 preferred. Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company. Position requires incumbent to serve on catastrophe duty, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two consecutive weeks. Willingness to obtain and
maintain any required licenses. Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Often (20-50%)
Driving; Frequent (50-80%)
Pushing/Pulling; Occasional (
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Often (20-50%)
Climbing; Moderate (30-40%)
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
Job Segment: Adjuster, Law, Claims, Insurance, Legal
Associated topics: automobile, claim adjuster, claim investigator, damage, fraud, insurance, insurance examiner, insurance investigator, investigation, liability adjuster
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...