- Blueprint Medicines Corporation
- $126,220.00 -166,700.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
101 Auburn St
Vice President, Finance
Requisition Number: FIN19-004
At Blueprint Medicines, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
Reporting to Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Finance will take an active role with the Company's executive and finance team members and be responsible for building the management reporting framework to provide meaningful financial and operational metrics that will help drive decision-making across the global organization. He/she will be responsible for building on the current process and implementing best-in-class financial planning and reporting processes to support the continued growth and expansion of Blueprint Medicines. This individual will provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and broad financial and business perspective across the organization and add value as a senior member of the finance team.
* Oversee and lead the FP&A function, including coordination with international teams
* Partner with the CEO, CFO, executive team and functional leadership to provide insights into the business, understand needs and goals, and help create a sustainable business for the long-run
* Lead pro-active communications cross functionally and globally, to ensure understanding of financial objectives and processes relevant to a leading global commercial biopharmaceutical organization;
* Provide strategy leadership to drive the Company's global budget, forecast and long-range planning processes, including the preparation of presentations, analysis and communications;
* Assist in performing corporate strategic planning, including both short-term and long-term analysis
* Strategically analyze competing projects, investments and costs and its impact on the Company's cash runway and fundraising considerations;
* Develop processes that enhance senior management's financial stewardship in support of the Company's transition from a clinical to commercial organization;
* Assess strengths and weaknesses of the business's financial management strategies and implements steps to improve them
* Work with functional leaders to implement best practices in managing spend and improving the Company's overall financial and operational efficiency, including identifying opportunities for expense management and other cost saving initiatives
* Prepare analyses, commentary and presentations to key internal and external stakeholders, including investors and sell-side analysts;
* Provide support for corporate partnering, transactions, and other projects that will arise, including existing collaborations with Roche and CStone;
* Partner with Vice President & Controller, accounting and operations to build a best in class global finance organization, including development and mentoring of team members
* BS/BA in Accounting/Finance or related field
* Masters/MBA/CPA preferred
* 15+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles in pharma or biotech companies with commercial operations
* Deep experience in budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning within an evolving organization with global locations, significant clinical trial activity and multiple product launches
* Proven ability to build strong partnerships across the organization, globally; ability to work collaboratively with a team-oriented environment
* Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, or other financial planning tools, including system design and implementation
* Executes to a high standard - acts with a sense of urgency, with the end result in mind and is able to follow through to deliver exceptional results
* Hands-on approach - willingness to roll-up sleeves and dive into detail to help support and improve planning process
* Resourceful - applies creativity, challenges assumptions and identifies more than one way to solve problems
* Collaborates - role models and promotes strong partnerships with internal teams, Sr. Leadership and external partners to achieve outcomes
* Sets the strategic direction and manages the delivery of results in a dynamic, thoughtful and inclusive environment
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines' mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don't think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.
Associated topics: associate director, chief financial officer, director, director finance, general operational manager, general operations manager, manage, organizational culture, president, supervise
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...