- Blueprint Medicines Corporation
- $110,070.00 -166,700.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
101 Auburn St
Manager, Finance (FP&A)
Requisition Number: FIN19004
At Blueprint Medicines, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
As a member of the Finance team at Blueprint Medicines, you will partner with the organization and be a key contributor in financial forecasting, reporting & analysis. The role will focus on the analytics that support strategic financial planning, budgets, forecasting, asset valuation, monthly financial reporting, and portfolio management. This role will be a hands-on resource to senior management, department heads, and project leads. This is an opportunity to provide support and leadership on key strategic business initiatives at a time of high-growth. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment, this could be the opportunity for you!
* Manage FP&A responsibilities in support of the R&D and SG&A organizations, including development of annual budgets, periodic forecasts and long range planning
* Provide both operational and strategic financial support to help facilitate decision making
* Partner with program team leaders and functional heads to ensure financial information (budget vs. actual) is provided in an accurate and timely manner, present key insights or trends that require attention and enable budget owners to manage their budgets
* Collaborate with program and functional leaders to ensure consistency between corporate goals, program timelines, and program financial plans
* Conduct ad hoc financial modeling to support business case development as well as cost and sensitivity analyses
* Drive continuous improvement within the finance organization to streamline processes and improve communication and flow of information to the business
* Work with finance management on special projects as required, including business development, NPV analysis and investor relations support
* Leverage the Oracle financial planning and budgeting system to enhance our analytical tools and support monthly reporting
* Provide financial management and oversight over key contracts as well as any partnerships or licensing deals
* 6+ years of experience providing financial support within the biotechnology / pharmaceutical industries; experience with a clinical-stage biotech preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field (MBA a plus)
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Highly proficient in Excel, demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining forecasts and complex financial models
* Outstanding communication skills (both written and oral) to effectively influence decision-making
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Well organized and detail oriented
* Experience with ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle) and planning and reporting tools preferred
* At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines' mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don't think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...