Project Leader, Financial Systems
Compensation: $85,955.00 - $163,970.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
201 Isabella Street Pittsburgh, PA
At least 6 year(s)
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
In the first half of 2020 Arconic will separate into two stand-alone industry-leading public companies. Each will have significant global reach. To learn more about this exciting transformation, visit our website.
Arconic is currently in search of a Project Leader, Financial Systems to join the Global Information Systems group in Pittsburgh, PA .
This is an experienced position for the Oracle Finance Applications within the Global Information Services (GIS) organization of Arconic. The principal challenges of this position are to provide technical expertise to the Business Process Owners; lead the global development, deployment and implementation of new systems, technologies and information solutions; to understand and direct others in supporting and enhancing existing systems and technologies; monitor and direct off-shore resources in providing daily and monthly support and development; ensure Arconic's standards, procedures are followed. The incumbent will act as an internal consultant to Arconic's businesses and various customer groups and the primary application accountabilities are with Oracle EBS Finance application, with a focus on Accounts Receivable and General Ledger as well as a custom IICS (InterCompany) system.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing project and related budget management for information technology and key information system initiatives
- Ensuring all GIS' system development and change control methodologies and compliance processes (ASATs) are understood and followed
- To understand and direct others in supporting and enhancing existing system and technology; apply and teach Arconic's standards, procedures and technologies.
- Engage in support and development responsibilities; participate in the delivery of all related projects in the associated application area
Major activities/Key challenges:
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the business purpose and processes in area of responsibility and participates in the analysis of the customer's processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Modifies/extends/uses concepts and practices to solve problems and create solutions
- Provides advice and counsel with respect to the applications, systems, or technologies in assigned area of responsibility
- Drives for successful implementation of business solutions and leads project teams to drive projects to completion
- Provides direction for day-to-day activities of the team without direct supervision and is accountable for the support delivered through 3rd parties
- Possesses a general comprehension of the budget process and contributes to the RFA Life cycles. solicits customer input to help build the annual budget, and monitors vendor financial activity
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship across the organization, with leadership, customers, and suppliers
- Identify and recommend digital and business solutions to effectively and efficiently satisfy the data processing and information requirements of the business
- Leads small to large-scale projects following the Project Management Methodology or the Applications Development Framework, which includes project schedule planning and tracking, budgeting, resource management, communications, and customer relations
- Provides timely, accurate, and required documentation as needed
- Operates in and complies with as well as provides input to Arconic standards and controls (e.g. ASAT) and adheres to industry standards as appropriate (e.g. Project Management)
- Pursues continuous learning consistent with the movement in the job requirements, changes in technology, changes in the organization, and changes in the company
- Works to continuously improve relationships with partners including the collaboration to resolve support issues and deliver enhancement requests
- Coordinate communications of key events and provide input to procurement activities
- Conducts coaching, counseling, and performs or provides input into Arconic's Talent Management process
- Conducts and/or recommends learning & development opportunities for others
- Leads the discovery, planning and implementation of process improvements in individual areas of responsibilities or cross functional process improvements
- Works as part of a geographically dispersed team (e.g. local, global) using a variety of technologies and acknowledges & accommodates, where appropriate, any variance in time zones and native language
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 2 years of Oracle Finance applications experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology from an accredited institution
- Experience with Oracle Finance applications - Account Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Project Accounting
- Solid understanding of the Accounts Receivable process, General Ledger business flow, and inter-related processes
- Exposure or working knowledge of other Oracle ERP modules, such as Payable, Purchasing, Inventory, etc.
- Experience with Oracle R12 (12.1.3), Oracle databases, PL/SQL, SQL, Linux, SFTP
- Out of the box thinking to evaluate alternate solutions
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of system life cycle.
- Project management experience in leading several small to large projects, and demonstrate a solid understanding of project management processes, methodologies, and techniques.
- Be able to provide work direction to mid-size teams.
- Strong human relation skills and be able to interact with internal and external customers, vendors, other IS professionals, and GIS management.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates fundamental understanding of specific business applications, processes, and technology
Associated topics: analyst, analyze, bi, business intelligence, guidance, inspect, investment analyst, investment banking, legal, monitor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...