Add your resume and apply to jobs with your Glassdoor profile. Create Profile
The Assistant Vice President of Arch's Defense Base Act (DBA) Insurance is responsible for the technical underwriting and account management of loss sensitive casualty programs; this includes working with retail brokers to attract and retain these accounts.
- Solicits and reviews new and renewal account information required to evaluate a risk.
- Identifies all potential exposures and hazards in relation to coverage requested and individual risk characteristics
- Assesses insurance and related financial risk and structures appropriate loss sensitive program to effectively protect against frequency, severity, catastrophic and credit risk
- Underwrites, prices and prepares proposals based on objective and subject risk characteristics, input of internal resource team, existing product set and regulatory filings
- Negotiates and places facultative reinsurance when applicable
- Prepares final quotation/proposal and presents to producer and or prospective insured.
- Coordinates all administrative duties related to existing and prospective accounts.
- Quarterbacks all post bind activities including policy production, compliance issues, audits and adjustments, legal agreements, receipt of collateral, legal agreement execution, TPA coordination and any other service related items.
- Together with internal team members, takes responsibility to deliver promised service to customers.
- Responsible for renewal and retention management and manages the renewal process to achieve targeted retention and price change goals.
- Initiates, coordinates and conducts a midterm account review
- Develop, expand, and enhance broker and client relationships within the region, through high visibility and frequent engagement
- Knowledge of coverage terms - Workers Compensation, Excess Workers Compensation, General Liability and Automobile Liability.
- Knowledge of large deductible, retrospective, self insured and single parent captive insurance programs.
- Understanding and knowledge of exposure identification and analysis.
- Posses a cross functional generalist knowledge of other disciplines including claims, risk control, audit, premium accounting, finance and legal.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues.
- Strong Sales and Negotiation skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Have the ability to influence without authority and be willing to work in a collaborative and team environment.
- Strong customer service, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience and strong aptitude with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- An undwriting background in International Business - both small package and large multinational.
- Eight (8) plus years of related experience.
- Large Casualty Accounts experience required.
- College degree preferred
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis through its wholly owned subsidiaries. Arch offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, Arch is committed to helping its associates create what?s next by providing access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth. We seek talent that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to serve our customers and develop our company.
A subsidiary of Arch Capital Group Ltd., Arch Insurance employs disciplined underwriting and prudent risk selection across all types of business. We have offices in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, UK, and Australia.
Arch Insurance Group is a market-leading specialty insurer providing property, casualty and a wide range of specialty insurance for corporations, professional firms and financial institutions around the globe. From product development to policy servicing to claims payment, we are dedicated to providing our customers with superb coverage and service.
Arch offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including a student loan assistance program, 401k company match and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP). Additionally, Arch is committed to supporting professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth.
Get alerts to jobs like this, to your inbox.
Associated topics: auto, casualty, claim, claim adjuster, claim investigator, claimant, insurance, insurance adjuster, investigate, liability adjuster
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...