Junior Financial Analyst
Compensation: $139,870.00 - $139,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Aon Is Looking A Junior Financial Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of Aon Affinity. This position will support Aon's Affinity Travel Practice group in our Garden City, NY office.
This role falls under Aon's early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into. The Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits.
Your Impact As A Junior Financial Analyst
* Support analytical work including data management, loss forecasting, trending, pricing analysis and financial modeling
* Collect, organize and analyze data, in support of existing travel insurance business and proposal development
* Maintain effective day to day relationships with Aon team contacts in marketing, operations, data processing and finance
* Apply existing approaches and processes to specific assignments, alerting the service team to anomalies, as appropriate
* Actively contribute to the development new analytical and problem-solving techniques to understand, assess and manage risk
* Review records to ensure completeness and accuracy; bring inconsistencies to the attention of management
* Execute routine client service tasks efficiently, delivering products and services, accurately and on time
* Contribute to the improvement of key processes
* Handle various changing work assignments, so as to support client team workload
* Participate in idea generation and brainstorming sessions
* Other duties as required
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Strong analytical and critical problem-solving skills, familiarity with core business concepts, and a clear understanding of a broad range of business, strategy and finance topics
* High proficiency in Excel, including the ability to build detailed models
* Ability to manage a work load of competing priorities effectively
* Ability to communicate with all levels of colleagues and clients
* Strong commitment to teamwork, excellence, and personal & professional growth
* Familiarity with databases, analysis and visualization tools (e.g., Access, Tableau)
* Risk Optimization modeling tools (e.g., Monte Carlo, Crystal Ball)
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or Business-related field
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Launch program, must graduate between December 2019 - June 2020 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2465546
Category: Operations and Tech Services
Location: United States, NY, Garden City
Associated topics: bi, business, business intelligence, examiner, forecasting, investment analyst, law, legal, market, regulation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...